Executive Chef 1
You are a customer service enthusiast. Knowing you’ve achieved great customer satisfaction through your culinary skillset means everything to you. It does for us too.
Sodexo is hiring an Executive Chef 1 for Baylor University, located in Waco, TX. Join this established hospitality team on a beautiful private campus serving a friendly welcoming community of students and university staff.
Can you bring the WOW factor to our food production systems for our concessions department, serving hundreds of healthy and delicious meals consistently? Learn and use software for organized food purchasing, menu planning, budgeting and workplace safety with the support of a network of other chefs and managers.
This position is a great kick off to a career in a large global company with lots of mobility while operating on a small intimate campus to start.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Are you an innovative experienced culinarian with the following skills?
- 3 - 5 years successful background managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program);
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience;
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls;
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall;
- Have a passion for food and innovation;
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.