Executive Chef 1
Do you have a passion to take raw ingredients and re-imagine them into something someone appreciates and finds delicious?
Sodexo - Seniors has a current Executive Chef 1 opportunity at Carroll Lutheran Village located in Westminster, Maryland. This is a large upscale continuing care retirement community serving over 600 residents. We are seeking a highly motivated, and experienced Chef that is looking to grow their career. In this hands on role, you will train and develop cooks, schedule staff, and be responsible for ordering. We are open to chefs with seniors, healthcare, and/or restaurant leadership backgrounds.
This is an excellent quality of life opportunity with Sodexo, a great company to grow with as well! This Executive Chef will oversee the production of the lunch and dinner meals. No late nights with typical shift being 10:00am - 6:00pm, some weekends, 3 weeks paid vacation to start, 401k, great benefits, and more!
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity a strong production culinary background, ideally in a healthcare or retail setting.
- are able to develop trust and build strong client relationships while meeting the expectation of the client as well as Sodexo.
- demonstrate experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- have exceptional professional communication skills.
- possess a hands-on, innovative leadership approach to management.
- have a passion for a high-level customer service and relationship oriented.
- are able to work independently and make sound business decisions within company guidelines.
- have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- have strong financial acumen and experience managing a food service operations budget.
- are knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
Learn more about Carroll Lutheran Village at Carroll Lutheran Village
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401k and access to ongoing training and developmental programs, tuitions reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.