Executive Chef 2 - Campus Dining
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference!!
**Relocation assistance is available!!**
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef at Concordia University - Ann Arbor! Concordia University Ann Arbor is a private liberal arts university located in desirable and beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan. Its 187-acre campus sits on the banks of the Huron River, about ten minutes outside downtown Ann Arbor.
Ann Arbor, is filled with arts and culture, international cuisine, outdoor recreation, festivals, events, and more. Check out Ann Arbor, MI, please visit Ann Arbor, MI
Food operations on this campus serves a population of over 1,000 students with offering resident dining, retail and catering. Our successful Executive Chef will have an oversight of back of the house of the house operations. The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities is a must! Food costing, ordering, invenotry, catering experience, excellent team training and team building skills are keys to success! Along with the skill set to effectively implement all budget controls at the unit level will be a plus.
This position is responsible for the organization and execution of all culinary operations, cooking demo's and management of full time and part time associates with supervision support in a union account!
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? Do you have?
- Well developed management skills, focusing on employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Extensive interaction with the campus clients and with external clients. Strong client relations is the key to success at this account
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills - developing, mentoring and training employees
- Passion for providing stellar customer service, being out on the floor interacting with the students customers
To learn more about Concordia University, please visit https://www.cuaa.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo’s Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.