Executive Chef 2 - Campus Dining
Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture!
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED*
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef - Campus Dining for Truman State University located in Kirksville, MO. Nestled in the heart of Northeast Missouri, Kirksville boasts a historic downtown square surrounded by a 3,000 acre state park and some of the nation’s top hunting grounds. From classic small town festivals to premier cultural events, Kirksville’s vibrant blend of art, history, recreation and nature will impress you.
Truman State University has been ranked for 18 consecutive years as the #1 public university in the Mid-West region by U.S. News & World Report and ranked #19 on Kiplinger’s list of the 100 Best Public College Values in the nation. With a student enrollment of approximately 5000 plus 1500 faculty members, our food operations include 2 resident dining halls, retail food venues and catering.
The Executive Chef will report directly to our General Manager and manage approximately 25-30 hourly employees. We are looking for candidates with a background in large volume food production, strong financial acumen and strong knowledge of BOH operations.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations and excellence,
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance and procedures; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production, and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have high quality food service experience in high volume, premier culinary environment
- have a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends,
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have a passion for food and innovation
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, manage coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of DRIVE, The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about Truman State University at https://www.truman.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.