Executive Chef 2 - Ibby’s Bistro
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 - Ibby’s Bistro to support Washington University in St. Louis, MO!!
Washington University in St. Louis’ campuses are located near the cultural center of St. Louis, surrounded by and adjacent to museums, performance venues, vibrant entertainment and dining districts, one of the nation’s largest civic parks, and beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods rich in history and diversity.
Nestled at the heart of Washington University in St. Louis campus, Ibby’s Bistro in the Danforth University Center is a culinary gem. This campus bistro serves fresh, creative cuisine inspired by local ingredients and the changing seasons. Behind the scenes, Ibby’s chefs use classical techniques to create eye-catching, palate-pleasing dishes. With a focus on sustainability and local sourcing, Ibby’s offers a delightful daily-changing à la carte menu.
Named in honor of Elizabeth “Ibby” Danforth, who made a profound impact during her time as the university’s first lady, Ibby’s is a tribute to her legacy. Ibby’s embodies culinary excellence, sustainability, and a dedication to nurturing students, inspired by the woman who continues to influence Washington University’s community and values.
The hours are Tuesday - Friday: 11am - 10pm and Saturday: 10am - 3pm (closed Sunday and Mondays). Check out Ibby's Bistro: Ibby's Bistro
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.