Executive Chef 2
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo Magic currently has an opening for an Executive Chef 2 in our Corporate Services segment to manage the culinary program at a newly renovated client site in Lawrence Township, NJ. This position will report directly to an Area General Manager and will provide leadership and development to six Sodexo Magic front-line employees. Currently there is a building population of 500 with the opportunity for 900 at its peak. The Executive Chef will be responsible for café services, catering, and oversight of the office coffee program. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced culinarian and innovator to provide high-end service to our high-end cafeteria and catering. Candidates should be passionate, highly motivated, and enjoy client and customer interaction. The ability to offer strategic leadership and vision are necessary for this growing operation!
We are seeking candidates with a prior background in a high-end culinary position, supervisory experience, and corporate services experience.
- Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates using local sustainable food sources, can translate ideas into unique menu and recipe programs that advance the culinary experience across the regional enterprise.
- Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with culinary staff, key personnel, catering staff and management teams along with a passion and dedication to be “one of the best”. Candidate must be highly engaged, passionate and extremely hands-on in daily operations.
- Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide-ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the catering staff (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
- Financial: Ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
This Executive Chef will work primarily a Monday through Friday, 6AM-4PM shift with some evening shifts.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.