Executive Chef 2
As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Carney Hospital located in Dorchester, MA. The Executive Chef will oversee a team of approximately 12 culinarians serving patient meals, and cafeteria retail. In this role you will be a part of the Sodexo management team, reporting to the GM. Come join a team takes pride in serving the local community!
Carney Hospital provides Dorchester and surrounding communities with convenient, local access to quality primary care, emergency medicine and a range of specialties and subspecialties including; critical care, family medicine, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, ambulatory care and adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatry. At Carney Hospital, you can be assured that you’ll receive the best possible care before, during, and after your hospital stay. They believe in caring for everyone – patients, family, and guests – as they would for one of their own family members.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital
- manage all food and milk ordering
- maintain food and health & safety logs within Sodexo and hospital guidelines and requirements
- ensure trainings remain up to date for all hourly associates, for both Sodexo and hospital related trainings
- attend and actively contribute to weekly meetings with management team
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services
- cultivate effective interpersonal relationships with patients, customers, and clients in hospital
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, including menu planning, passionate about staying current with new culinary trends;
- a flexible, open-minded attitude mixed with patience and a willingness to work and be an active member of the team
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits
- E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus
Learn more about Carney Hospital here: https://www.semc.org/about-us
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.