Executive Chef 2
You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Relocation is available!
for Clarkson University. Clarkson University is a private research university with its main campus in Potsdam, New York. We are looking for a culinary leader with a diverse background that can support 1.4 million in annual sales. Responsibilities will include but not limited to; new menu implementation, cost controls, HACCP, food safety, sanitation, adherence and oversight of policies and standards/HR- in a union environment, purchasing responsibilities, food and labor cost management, coordination, training and scheduling of culinary staff and adherence to food safety and sanitation.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for universities:
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.