Executive Chef 2
As an aspiring Chef you want to enhance the lives of others!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at Lourdes Noreen McKeen in West Palm Beach, FL. This luxury, waterfront senior living community offers a full-service setting that gives residents a comfortable and quality lifestyle with both independent and assisted living accomodations. We are seeking a talented Chef who will commit to the challenges of creating and delivering a culinary-driven dining experience. This position requires previous experience managing food production and training of culinary staff.
The successful candidate will:
- work to develop and grow the menu while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service;
- be responsible for the oversight of the dining services, as well as catering and special events;
- be responsible for full financial oversight of the account, including budgeting and reporting;
- provide technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed;
- drive employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background;
- the ability to work a flexible schedule based off of business needs;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits beginning on your 1st Day of employment. Benefits include: generous paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.