Executive Chef 2
Join a team that embraces your love for working with people, mentoring them as they achieve personal and professional goals.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 at Christ Hospital an acute care facility located in Jersey City, NJ. In this lead culinary role, you will plan, direct and participate in all of the food production operations for their full-service Cafe, Catering and Patient Meal services which is currently utilizing a combination of "At Your Request" and "Expressly For You" meal programs.
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Food & labor costing
- Menu development & planning
- Ensuring food safety and sanitation compliance
- HR functions
- Some hands-on food preparation
- Direct customer interaction
- Supervision of approximately 10 associates
The successful candidate will posses at least 3 years lead culinary experience, a strong working knowledge of HACCP guidelines, computer literacy, the ability to lead and engage an hourly staff as well as excellent communication and customer service skills.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.