Executive Chef 2
We believe in quality ingredients - and not just for our food. Our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our business - is you.
Sodexo is seeking a hands on Executive Chef for Friends University located in Wichita, KS. Our successful candidate will have experience with culinary innovation and be prepared to implement sustainability practices while focusing on local sourcing for the campus. This Chef will work primarily a Thursday - Monday schedule with Tuesdays/Wednesdays off.
Are you prepared to enhance student engagement with dialogue to elevate the student's dining experience? Friends University offers transformative education in an affordable and family friendly community.
Click here to Find out why Wichita is a great place to live.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Learn more about Friends University here: Friends University
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.