Executive Chef 2
for our client at St Mary’s College in Moraga, California.
The clients have asked the Good Eating Company to come be a part of a College that Changes Lives, we offer a fresh sustainable Chef driven program created just for the students at St Mary’s.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, keeping services fresh and updated based on current trends.
We are looking for candidates who:
- will let their plate tell a story
- ensure all food always looks and tastes great and is visually appetizing when served
- are strong all-round culinary ability and strong craft skills in all areas of professional cookery, including main courses; salads
- have a strong knowledge of food and able to cook using multiple styles of cuisine
- constantly looking for new recipes and new ideas and initiatives that will improve both the quality of food and service as a whole
- have experience with hands on farm to fork culinary operations
Learn more about the Good Eating Company.
The Ideal candidate has:
- a positive “can do” attitude - we’re always willing to go the extra mile, and offer 100% commitment to our customers, clients and colleagues
- absolute pride in the quality of our food, service and presentation
- a keen but respectful sense of humor, having fun at work
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.