Executive Chef 2
You believe in an open, inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Lead a team where engagement, productivity and innovation are born in this environment.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to oversee campus dining at the University of Denver, Colorado. Our goal is great food, great service and a great experience for our customers, clients and staff. With that said, we are looking for a strong culinarian with a passion for mentoring/ teaching/developing staff, as well as managing Food Management systems.
Reporting to the Executive Chef 3, the Executive Chef 2 will support in Resident Dining, Catering, and Grab n Go items for all Retail Outlets. This position will develop and mentor our culinary management staff for Dining, Catering, Pastry Chefs, and an estimated 40 culinary personnel across campus.
Can you bring the WOW factor to our food production systems for our resident dining program serving thousands of healthy meals per day? The passion to serve great food while managing food cost within budget is a must. Food safety and sanitation are key priorities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Are you an innovative experienced culinarian with the following skills?
- Previous success managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement and commitment to the campus and surrounding community
- the ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
If you want to work in a fun environment, where people have a passion for excellence, then the Sodexo Dining at University of Denver is the home for you!! The opportunities for growth are endless! APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Team!
Learn more about the University of Denver at University of Denver (du.edu)
Enjoy Some Major Holidays and campus breaks OFF! Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo at this showcase account.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.