Executive Chef 2
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at one of our hospitality clients location in Memphis, TN. The food operation consists of preparing food for corporate cafe, retail and catering operations.
This position offers a predominately Monday - Friday with flexibility based on business needs.
The Executive Chef 2 will be responsible for overseeing the day to day culinary operation. The Executive Chef 2 will be instrumental in elevating the food offering. Other Duties include but not limited to:
- menu planning
- food and labor cost
- hands on cooking 30% of the day
- creativity and innovation, but must deploy our corporate programs
- leading, training and coaching staff
- working with Sodexo computer systems; FMS, Market Connection
Ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, computer savvy, have an eye for restaurant quality food, and a high level of organization.
Must be a strong leader and willing to develop our culinary staff. A strong focus in customer service, culinary expertise and attention to detail are key in our selection process.
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.