Executive Chef 2
Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Seniors is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 to join our incredible team at Miami Jewish Health in Miami, FL. Miami Jewish Health has an 80-year reputation for providing high-touch personalized care, customized daily activities, soothing routines, and comforting support. Our team is dedicated to understanding the feelings of each and every individual in our care to give them the environment and assistance they need to live life better.
The successful candidate will:
- work to develop and grow the menu while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service to the residents;
- be responsible for the oversight of residential dining services, as well as catering and special events;
- be responsible for full financial oversight of the account, including budgeting and reporting;
- provide technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed;
- drive employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with a hands-on, innovative leadership approach to management;
- a passion for a high-level of customer service with the ability to develop strong client relationships;
- strong financial acumen and experience managing a food service operations budget;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits;
- Culinary degree is desired and a C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) is a plus.
Learn more about Miami Jewish Health at Miami Jewish Health
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits that begin on your 1st day of employment! Benefits include 3 weeks of paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401k and access to ongoing training and developmental programs, tuitions reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.