Executive Chef 2
Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo is seeking a driven Executive Chef 2 at Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital, located in Washington, DC .
If you have experience in a healthcare environment - you are encouraged to apply now!
MedStar Health is a not-for-profit health system dedicated to caring for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. MedStar is recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care. MedStar Health’s patient-first philosophy combines care, compassion and clinical excellence with an emphasis on customer service.This is a 900 bed hospital where the GM will lead the entire Food & Nutrition operations including patient meal services, retail, doctors loung and catering.
This position will be responsible for back of the house operations in retail, patient services and catering.
If you have culinary management experience in a healthcare environment- you are encouraged to apply now!
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with a passion for food and innovation;
- prior experience working with a contract management company;
- strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to coach, mentor and engage the frontline culinary team;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- strong management skills, and;
- a knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS).
Learn more about Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital Here
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.