Executive Chef 2
You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo's Campus Segment is hiring an Executive Chef 2 for Merrimack College in North Andover, MA. The Executive Chef will provide culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
The successful candidate will:
- directly manage retail, catering chefs as well as purchasing and catering manager;
- maintain chef/manager schedules; cover chefs/manager schedule as needed; be responsible for yearly evaluation and goals for chefs and managers through the use of Ingenium;
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for School: Catering, Retail menus, LTO’s, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings and be responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- work with vendors on procurement items; be responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
- conduct yearly culinary foundations training to all cooks;
- guide chefs in unit to ACF certification with guidance from Director of Culinary Operations;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in School.
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and dining services.
- Culinary Certification is highly preferred.
- Catering experience is required.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.