Executive Chef 2
Let your passion for people and food be the driver of your success. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an experienced Executive Chef for our premier client, USAA in Phoenix, Arizona.
The successful Executive Chef will have direct oversight of a unit where Sodexo provides breakfast and lunch service as well as catering with a managed volume of 3 million. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef will have oversight of all culinary operations and culinary staff.
The best qualified Executive Chef will have strong, hands-on, kitchen experience and will be accessible to staff while being on the floor during services times, showing strong leadership ability.
We are looking for someone with great communication and training skills. This is a high-level culinary management role, but will also be hands-on as needed to support operations.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very high profile account - have experience in scratch cooking with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair– can you impress the client and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends– can you compete with food trends ?
- Possess the ability to inspire a kitchen staff - be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation
Success in this role will require you to:
- Be innovative every day
- A strong focus in customer service
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits, including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training, and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. This position is Monday - Friday
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.