Executive Chef 2
Sodexo Corporate Services has a great opportunity for a Resource Executive Chef in Oak Brook Terrace, IL.
Hiring salary up to $65k
This position offers a Monday through Friday schedule.
The successful candidate will have direct impact on all culinary operations including café and catering with oversight of hourly cooks for recipe execution, safety and sanitation.
The best qualified Executive Chef will have strong, hands-on, kitchen experience and will be accessible to staff while being on the floor during services times, showing strong leadership ability.
The Executive Chef provides direct support up to 2 associates to help create elegant and sophisticated culinary experiences, exceeding culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. This position manages all aspects of back of the house operations; including ordering, inventory, staff training and development.This position will also be responsible for all catering events on site.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
- a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.