Executive Chef 2
Great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration
provide meaning to your life’s work! Are you ready to put your mark on a culinary program?
Sodexo is seeking our talented Executive Chef 2 for Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD. Enjoy a family friendly community with no state income tax! Living in Aberdeen offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Aberdeen there are a lot of parks. Many families and young professionals live in Aberdeen - and Did You Know - SD has No State Tax!
Our successful leader will provide Hands On Culinary direction to the seasoned and cohesive culinary team, including menu planning, program execution, training and mentoring our staff. This exciting role will manage day to day operations including Student Dining with over 470 students on meal plans, will support our Athletic Concessions and suites, will assure catering events are executed flawlessly and assure that catering menus are creative and innovative to meet the growing needs for this Catering Program.
Relocation Assistance AND $2,500 Sign On Bonus are available for this exciting opportunity!
and South Dakota has NO STATE TAX!
Our Executive Chef will elevate creativity for the dining program and focus on a modern student dining experience. Our kitchen and dining area will be renovated, and our Chef will enjoy implementing student cooking stations and exciting instructor led cooking classes. This position will be responsible for residential dining with careful attention an Allergen Free dining experience and sustainability initiatives..
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends.
- 2 - 4 years Executive Chef Level management experience in a high volume dining operation with multiple food stations.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Click here to learn more about Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD
Sound like the opportunity you have been seeking? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Campus Dining Team!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
#sodexo #campusdining #culinary #executivechef #careergrowth #diversity #dei #veteranhiring
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.