Executive Chef 2
Inspire students through food, and teach them what’s possible through sustainable resources.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef at Central State University in Wilberforce, OH.
SIGN ON BONUS
Central State University is a HBCU (Historically Black College/University) that is 35 minutes from Springfield and Dayton. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef will be responsible for the culinary direction of the residential dining hall, retail outlets, and catering. Dining services on campus offers resident dining for 1500+ students, a WOW Cafe, SubConnection, and a Grocery Store.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis, and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have a working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production, and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills;
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues, and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.