Executive Chef 2
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo Campus Dining is seeking a culinarian to oversee our Student Dining culinary team at Northwest University in Kirkland, WA. Northwest University is a faith-based university overlooking Lake Washington and is just minutes from Seattle, WA. Join this established hospitality team on a beautiful private campus serving a friendly welcoming community of students and university staff. No late nights and enjoy the seasonal rhythm of a college campus while cooking delicious Pacific Northwest cuisine and growing your culinary career.
Can you bring the WOW factor to our food production systems for our resident dining program serving hundreds of healthy meals consistently? Learn and use software for organized food purchasing, menu planning, budgeting and workplace safety with the support of a network of other chefs and managers throughout the PNW as part of a high-performance team.
This Executive Chef role is a great kick off to a career in a large global company
while operating on a small intimate campus to start –
leading to lots of career growth and mobility!
$3,000 Sign On BONUS!
Are you the strong Sous Chef or Chef Manager we are seeking?
- 2 - 4 years successful background managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program);
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience;
- Enjoy interacting with students, faculty and stakeholders; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall;
- Have a passion for food and innovation;
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls;
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Sound like the opportunity you have been seeking? APPLY TODAY and join the Sodexo Team at NU!
Learn more about Northwest University - visit: Northwest University
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. You can create Work/Life balance and continue your culinary career growth!
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
#chef #souschef #chefmanager #campusdining #diversity #dei #veteranhiring
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.