Executive Chef 2
Are you looking for an opportunity to raise the bar and take a culinary program to the next level?
Sodexo School Services provides essential food management solutions to school districts across the region. We are seeking an Executive Chef 2 for K-12 Schools for an account in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. The Exec Chef will be responsible for all culinary operations on campus.
The selected candidate will provide operational over-site to these schools, while also having a direct impact on culinary operations as he or she will be responsible for culinary training and food quality across the entire district. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual, bi-lingual person that is able to create culinary promotions to further increase student meal purchases. This is a key leadership role in establishing and maintaining an exceptionally high level of culinary standards. A valid driver's license is required. This is a 10 month position. Summer's off!!
The successful candidate will:
- Culinary Management Experience within K-12 NSLP account.
- High Expectation for customer service.
- Understanding of financials, cost controls of food and labor.
- Ability and willingness to train front-line employees.
- Leadership: ability to effectively manage and communicate with all frontline staff, management team, students, administrative staff and clients.
- Must have a passion and dedication to be one of the best.
- Candidate must be highly engaged and hands-on in day to day operations.
- Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide range of culinary techniques and skills for the frontline staff as well as educational programs for students.
- Safety-HACCP: Ability to train and hold staff accountable for unit safety-HACCP practices. Conduct all unit employee training in these areas.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.