Executive Chef 3
Do you strive to create amazing culinary experiences?
* RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Campus Executive Chef for Clark University in Worcester, MA. Clark University has a student population of about 3,500 students, with about 1,500 on the meal plan. If you enjoy managing others while promoting teamwork, elevating the culinary operation, and showing your knowledge of diverse cuisines - then this is the job for you!
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- Work closely with the client;
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Strong culinary management experience;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- Strong understanding of financials as well as strong analytical skills.
Learn more about Clark University at Clark University | Challenge Convention. Change Our World.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.