Executive Chef 3
Do you love to cook and lead a team let’s talk!!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef to support our clients in Orange County California.
The successful candidate will have direct impact on all culinary operations with oversight of hourly cooks for recipe execution, safety and sanitation. The Executive Chef will need to have strong hands-on, and be accessible to staff while being on the floor during services times, showing strong leadership ability.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very high profile account - have experience in scratch cooking with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs
- A strong culinary flair– can you impress the client and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus
- Knowledge of current culinary trends
- Possess the ability to inspire a kitchen staff - be a strong mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety and sanitation
Success in this role will require you to:
- Be innovative every day
- Experience with culinary leadership
- Have a valid driver’s license
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits, including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training, and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.