Executive Chef 3
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 3 for Jefferson Northeast Hospital System located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jefferson Torresdale Hospital, located in Northeast Philadelphia, PA, is a 256 licensed bed facility, community based level ll trauma center, which makes up the Jefferson Northeast Hospital System, that is part of Jefferson Health System.
Learn more about Jefferson Torresdale Hospital at Jefferson Torresdale Hospital | Jefferson Health
The executive chef will oversee a production staff of 10 frontline associates providing "At Your Request" meal service to patients, along with retail and catering responsibiities. The ideal candidate will be a culinary leader with experience managing high-volume food operations in a healthcare setting and/or contract management services.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital
- manage, direct, and mentor frontline staff
- oversee procurement and purchasing
- create menus based on client needs
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering, and patient services
- create interpersonal relationships with client
We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background in a high-volume environment
- strong management skills and experience
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends
- proficient computer skills, highly organized, and detail-focused
- a proven ability to set up processes, create efficiencies, and solve problems with little to no direction
- ServSafe Certified with proven working knowledge of HAACP;
- C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Employees who work in Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status as required by applicable law and/or client requirements.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.