Executive Chef 3
*Craft Your Career*
*RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED*
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. With 370 licensed beds, Monroe Carell is one of the nation's leading children's hospitals, and the largest in the Southeast. We are ranked nationally in 10 specialties, offer the highest-level NICU and emergency care, and partner with experts across Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
The Executive Chef will manage all culinary operations for this medical center including patient feeding and the retail café. The Executive Chef will be a dynamic team player with a strong background in safety, sanitation, and managing frontline staff and developing teams in a culinary environment.
This position is primarily Monday-Friday. The salary range is negotiable and based on experience with a full benefits package that kicks in immediately.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for the hospital
- manage all retail operations for the hospital
- develop, mentor, and direct frontline staff and supervisors
- manage procurement and purchasing
- create menus based on client needs
- oversee cash handing processes and POS programming and maintenance
- interact with client, customers, hospital staff, and visitors to ensure customer satisfaction
- manage vendor relationships and compliance
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place
- coordinate department safety and sanitation
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background in a high-volume environment
- strong management experience in the food service industry (restaurants, catering, hospitality, hotels, etc.)
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends
- proficient computer skills, highly organized, and detail-focused
- a proven ability to set up processes, create efficiencies, and solve problems with little to no direction
- ServSafe Certified with proven working knowledge of HAACP
Learn more about Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt click here.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.