Executive Chef 4
Come join the Nourish team that love’s what they do.
Sodexo Corporate Services / Nourish is looking for a Executive Chef 4 to join our Nourish Foods team at our Commissary Kitchen in Santa Clara, CA. Our Executive Chef will oversee all day to day operations and lead a team day to day production, vendor relations. You will be responsible for successfully executing daily order fulfillment of what is estimated to be over $30M in annual revenue.
Founded in 2010, Sodexo | Nourish has organically boot-strapped every bit of its impressive growth through a proven track record of delicious food and satisfied clients. Our winning formula is: Smart + Healthy = Happy. Each day, our expert in-house chefs design menus based on the highest possible percentages of seasonal, organic, and non-GMO ingredients. This results in an immense variety of fresh, healthy meals with an emphasis on vegetable forward dishes that delight all of our clients regardless of dietary preferences. At Nourish Inc. we believe that each employee contributes directly to the company’s growth and success and are looking for individuals who will take pride in being part of our team
To learn more about Nourish, Inc.
High volume catering/commissary experience is a must for this position!
We are looking for candidates who will:
- display a positive passion for delicious global food styles through consistent preparation of high quality meals;
- manage the daily food production including planning and menu development;
- manage food costing, controls, and compliance;
- develop and implement new menus, kitchen production systems, SOPs, and engage in continual process improvement;
- collaborate effectively with teams in Purchasing, Fulfillment, Warehouse, HR, Production Planning, R&D, and client site operations
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train both management and frontline employees;
- establish and maintain a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong, high volume culinary production background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/off-site catering/commissary environment (3,000-10,000 meals per day);
- experience preparing authentic global cuisine at high volume;
- demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards and implement company policies;
- strong computer skills and experience with automated menu or production management software;
- Ability to communication skills and an ability to present complicated culinary processes to senior leadership and frontline workers.
- Conversational Spanish language (preferred)
This position offers a 5 day work schedule (Sunday - Friday) schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs daily operations of food production, including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory food preparation, post meal analysis and record keeping. Ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory, and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
Establishes operating standards, implements and maintains Sodexo and branded concepts standards, creates quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. HACCP, quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel, SoSafe and EcoSure).
Trains other chefs/staff on culinary skills through day to day trainings as well the use of Culinary Foundations trainings and standards, and serves as technical expert.
Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for all aspects of food production to ensure account retention.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.