Executive Chef - Canada
- 31-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Beanfield Centre
- Toronto, ON, CAN
- per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Executive Chef @ Sodexo Live!
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Cerise Fine Catering at the Beanfield Centre, is brought to you through a partnership between the Windsor Arms Hotel, acclaimed for its history of catering to the city's distinguished social clientele and Sodexo Live! At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Cerise is delighted to be the Beanfield Centre's exclusive food and beverage provider. With hospitality at the epicenter of our service promise, Cerise Fine Catering ensures that each event is uniquely designed and customized to your individual taste and occasion.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef for the Beanfield Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
Beanfield Centre offers meeting planners an environmentally friendly meeting venue for groups of 50 to 3000 delegates. The first LEED Silver (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) conference centre in Canada, Beanfield Centre is conveniently located on the shores of Lake Ontario at Exhibition Place.
The Executive Chef is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the executive sous chef and sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/ maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of food preparation, product handling, equipment utilization and food safety.
- Analyze business volume and product usage daily, forecasting, managing the department budget and inventory of food and supplies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies that meet department goals, including financial goals by controlling costs and maximizing efficiency.
- Contribute to the goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example, fostering teamwork and building strong team relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues in excess of $5mm.
- Experience in high quality catered food and beverage and banquet events.
- Formal training at an accredited culinary school. Red Seal Certification preferred.
- Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Up to date Food Safe Certification and strong working knowledge of local health regulations.
- Solid and proven track record for leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills, with proven ability to lead a team and direct employees to assigned activities.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented individual, with the ability to handle many tasks at one time, and work to numerous deadlines at once.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Proficient written and spoken English communication skills in order to effectively interact with team members in a busy environment and for safety within the kitchen.
- Computer proficiency specifically in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live, however only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other applicable provincially protected status.?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3000613