Executive Chef I
Job Listing: Executive Chef I
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef at the Colorado Convention Center located in downtown Denver, CO.
Opened in 1990, with more than 100 professional meeting planners working together with architects to design every aspect of the building, the result was simple; a sensible, state-of-the-art facility with easy traffic flow and everything you need in a stunningly beautiful building in the heart of downtown Denver. Expanded in 2005, well-known as one of the most practical and "user friendly" meeting facilities, the Colorado Convention Center is now home to over 250+ events annually. The Colorado Convention Center is located within easy walking distance of over 8,400 hotel rooms, 300 restaurants, 9 theatres of the Denver Performing Arts Complex and a wide variety of shopping and retail outlets.
The expansion of the Colorado Convention Center includes a new 80,000 square foot column free multipurpose room and outdoor rooftop terrace with sweeping views of the city skyline and mountains. The project will be the largest ballroom in Colorado and expand one of the largest buildings in Denver. On the ground floor, there will be lobby renovations and seamless integration with the existing building, while offering attendees safe and easy access to an additional 150,000 square feet of meeting space, 600,000 square feet of exhibit space and a 5,000 seat Bellco Theatre. The improvements will serve the needs of modern day convention-goers and differentiate the facility from others, ensuring it remains an attractive and global competitor. When complete, the expansion will generate an additional $85 million in annual economic impact. The project is anticipated to be completed in late 2023, while ensuring it can continue to operate during construction.
An Executive Chef I is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the executive sous chef and sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef I will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/ maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef I may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
- Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
- Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues in excess of $10mm.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent professional certification.
- BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university.
- ACF Certified Executive Chef I or ACF Certified Culinary Administrator.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.