Executive Director, Facilities Operations
You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Director, Facilities Operations for a progressive life sciences client located in Massachusetts. This is a newly created position to lead a rapidly growing integrated account. Amazing Commercial offices located in Cambridge, MA. Requires experience with corporate services IFM service model with an ability to lead and deliver a workplace experience that exceeds client expectations through exceptional delivery of a portfolio of facility services.
This role will be based out of the client sites(s) and support locations in Cambridge, MA. Reporting to the Account Vice President, this job will be responsible for a team of 3 direct reports with a scope of 3 locations.
This leader will excel at building client relationships, team leadership, and have a deep understanding of commercial facility management. Our team delivers high-touch customer experience in all service lines, with an emphasis on workplace hospitality.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Must have IFM service model – hard and soft delivery scope experience.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management.
- Driving Workplace experience for occupiers through a hospitality lens.
- Client relationship building.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is a plus.
Working for Sodexo:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Access to ongoing training and development programs
- Countless opportunities to grow within the company
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or directs facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single mega-site or multi-site unit. This position may function as head of a small mega-site unit with three levels of management reporting up to this position; or may assist in the leadership of a large mega or multi-site unit reporting up to a VP, Facilities Operations. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or assists in the integration of processes within the client organization to maintain and develop agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. At the organizational level, the Executive Director of Facilities Operations may contribute to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, and improving the productivity, revenue generating capacity and image of the entire organization. This position ensures a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations often manages construction work and may coordinate and/or oversee contracted services for major construction. The position often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience- 7 years in facilities management, engineering, management of business/operations service in both soft and hard facilities services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $128,900 to $195,140/year
$128900 to $195140
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 968012