Executive Director, Facilities Operations
Put your innovative technical solutions to work to drive strong business results in Facilities/Engineering.
Sodexo's Facilities Management segment is seeking a Executive Director in Valhalla, NY.
Under the direction of the Sodexo Vice President of Operations, the Executive Director is responsible for all Medical Center systems, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. Responsible for all operational and capital budgets for all areas under construction and life safety. Responsible for the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management program and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure system wide. Responsible for the support of the Hospital and Departmental Mission of providing a safe and respectful environment for all hospital individuals.
Provides the direction, oversight, and coordination of all functions and activities of the Facilities Management Departments, including Engineering, Plant Operations, and Facilities Management. The Facilities Systems Director will assume overall responsibility for the safe and efficient functioning, maintenance and operation of all buildings, equipment, machinery, systems, and grounds keeping. Will direct, plan, coordinate and is administratively and professionally responsible for the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water, and monitoring systems of all health system buildings and services. The Systems Director has oversight of budgets, staffing, short- and long-range planning, program development, policy and procedure for all Facilities department, construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Work in partnership with the owner representative for construction activities. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Directs, manages and coordinates with the functional authority for planning, organization, control and integration to ensure completion of projects.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Hospital Senior Leadership.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with TJC, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the Health System is following all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or directs facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single mega-site or multi-site unit. This position may function as head of a small mega-site unit with three levels of management reporting up to this position; or may assist in the leadership of a large mega or multi-site unit reporting up to a VP, Facilities Operations. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations leads or assists in the integration of processes within the client organization to maintain and develop agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. At the organizational level, the Executive Director of Facilities Operations may contribute to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, and improving the productivity, revenue generating capacity and image of the entire organization. This position ensures a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Executive Director of Facilities Operations often manages construction work and may coordinate and/or oversee contracted services for major construction. The position often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience- 7 years in facilities management, engineering, management of business/operations service in both soft and hard facilities services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.