Executive Director, Facilities Operations
Are you looking for a new rewarding role? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing or production environment?
Sodexo Corporate Services Division is seeking an Executive Director of Facilities for a large manufacturing site in Inwood, West Virginia. The Facilities Executive Director will oversee Sodexo operations at a 4 million sq ft state of the art manufacuring campus providing services in manufactuing, warehousing, and office space.
This Director will oversee the day to day operations of hard and soft services, while leading and managing a team of slightly over 100 employees. This candidate will possess the technical proficiency and understanding of building operation systems, physical security, work order systems, preventative and corrective maintenance, pest control, janitorial procedures to include floor care, and technical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing and electrical. Services are primarly self-performed with Sodexo staff and augmented with subcontractors. A strong understanding of contract, accounting and finance management is required. The candidate must have high level interpersonal and communication skills to manage multiple client stakeholders.
- Directs preventative maintenance proactive & reactive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, e.g., MEP, dock doors, levelers, and locks
- Directs custodial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment
- Oversees site security and security systems
- Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure cleaning, e.g., building, roofing, parking lot
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades: Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests, ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy
- Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, e.g., air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for chilled water. Works with construction or design teams if needed
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, Directors and employees of the Facilities Department
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Develops recommendations for the DM and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, which may include energy savings program
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees
- Responsible for the in-house safety committee
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- It is imperative the candidate possess leadership, and both technical and financial acumen
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance management systems is a must, Maximo preferred
- Experience in industrial safety systems and programs is must
- A proven track record of successful Integrated Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 7 years
Basic Functional Experience- 7 years in facilities management, engineering, management of business/operations service in both soft and hard facilities services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.