Executive Sous Chef - Indianapolis Zoo
- 25-Jul-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Type: Culinary
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Executive Sous Chef for the Indianapolis Zoo.
Venue Description: The Indianapolis Zoo is a zoo located in White River State Park, in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, housing more than 3,800 animals of more than 320 species and subspecies.
The Executive Sous Chef is a position that is found in large Sodexo Live! Sports/Entertainment venues and Convention Centers within first tier markets (and in some cases, second tier markets), with a high business volume and an expansive and complex food and beverage operation. They are the first level of management in a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen. The Executive Sous Chef supervises and directs the activities of the Sous Chefs, and assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
The Executive Sous Chef directs all aspects of food-service production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed.
The Executive Sous Chef directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop.
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Directs food preparation and collaborates with the Executive Chef
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to manage a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 5 years in a culinary position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation.
- Ability to fully communicate effectively in the English language (orally, written, and electronically.)
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Formal culinary training preferred
- Kitchen experience
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.