Executive Steward - Indiana Convention Center
Job Listing: Executive Steward
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Executive Steward for the Indiana Convention Center
The Indiana Convention Center is located in the heart of the 12th largest city in the U.S., Indianapolis, Indiana. The state capital, Indianapolis ranks in the top 25 most visited cities in the country, with 18 million annual visitors. Indianapolis International Airport accommodates 150 flights each day, carrying 7.4 million yearly passengers to and from the Circle City.
Now one of the largest convention centers in America, the Indiana Convention Center is connected by skywalks to more hotel rooms than any other city in the nation. Also linked to the center is a four-story urban shopping mall, surrounded by more than 200 restaurants and clubs, well-known sports venues, and a 10-block state park that features top museums, green space and a convenient canal walk. It's the reason Sports Illustrated's Peter King calls Indianapolis "the most walkable downtown in America."
The Executive Steward is an integral member of the Culinary team. They are responsible for managing primarily non-food production areas of the kitchen, to include the dish room, storage areas and other utility areas.
The Executive Steward is responsible for cleanliness and sanitation within the kitchen, for maintenance of key equipment and for the inventory, storage and distribution of the facility's supply of banqueting items such as silver, china, glassware and linen.
The Executive Steward is responsible for leading the Stewarding Department staff and is responsible for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports quality food preparation and service.
- Support overall food and beverage operations by participating as part of the Culinary Leadership Team; Manage the facility's Stewarding function and its staff members.
- Ensure that standards for health, safety, cleanliness and sanitation are maintained throughout Stewarding areas.
- Control inventory, storage and distribution of supplies. Ensure Stewarding and Kitchen equipment is properly maintained.
- Ensure Stewarding and Kitchen equipment is properly maintained.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Previous venue catering/Stewarding experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.