Facilities / Engineering Manager 1
You want high visibility, challenging opportunities, and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities / Engineering Manager at Michigan City Area Schools in Michigan City, Indiana. Reporting to the Facilities Director you will be responsible for managing all aspects of building service maintenance as well as the 160-acre grounds for this k-12 public school district. This position provides oversight in all areas of construction projects ensuring project completion within timelines, contract specifications, and budget.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including short- and long-range planning, construction/renovation projects, preventative and corrective maintenance, energy management, grounds and landscaping, janitorial, mail room operations, shipping and receiving, laboratory services and data center management services.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Prior management level experience managing facilities maintenance services and grounds.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and other areas of facility maintenance with a successful track record of technical delivery execution.
- Extraordinary customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
- Project/Construction Management skills and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sports fields and turf management.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the maintenance and grounds crews, ensuring the highest level of service quality.
- Actively work in the mentoring and the development of the facilities team.
- Work with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Assist in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, identify, and implement new ideas, technologies, or process improvements to increase organizational efficiencies and cost savings
Learn more about Michigan City Area Schools at Michigan City Area Schools
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to clients. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. May report to GM in smaller accounts, or to an Ops Manager in a larger account, or to another manager level.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.