Facilities / Engineering Manager 2
As a natural problem-solver, you thrive on challenges. You’re also an expert at implementing solutions.
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Manager (Facilities Manager 2) at Oral Roberts University, a faith based university in Tulsa, OK. Reporting directly to the Director of Facilities, this job will be responsible for managing a team of 30 Maintenance Techs with a scope of 41 buildings including Admin and Student Dorms. We are seeking a Maintenance Manager with strong understanding of managing large complex properties, managing maintenance techs – HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Paint and Repair.
This is a great opportunity to grow your Facilities career with a Global Company! APPLY TODAY!
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including short- and long-range planning, construction/renovation projects, preventative and corrective maintenance, energy management, grounds and landscaping, janitorial, mail room operations, shipping and receiving, laboratory services and data center management services.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
Sound like the career opportunity you have been seeking? APPLY TODAY and Join the Sodexo Facilities Team at Oral Roberts University!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Targeted Salary for this opportunity is $75,000 - 85,000.
#veteran #diversity #facilities #campus
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.