Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 1
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference. Are you an expert in SNOW Management? Sodexo is seeking our Facilities engineering and Operations Manager for Paul Smith’s College in the beautiful and scenic city of Paul Smiths, NY. Reporting to the Facilities Director you will be responsible for managing snow removal and maintenance and supervising fully integrated facilities services including building maintenance. Our successful Facilities Manager will have a solid understanding utilizing CMMS systems to schedule, assign and review work orders. Successfully managing Preventative Maintenance schedules is critical to this role.
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, a Matching 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs. We have Circles Concierge services to help you through everyday life demands and Employee Business Resource Groups to provide a safe space and supportive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and develop professionally. Our successful hires will foster an environment where our team members feel they belong, and are seen, valued and heard.
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage hands on Snow removal and mitigation
- Ensure campus maintenance operations are maintained - manage by walking the property with your staff
- Be responsible for orientation and training of employees and actively work in development of the facilities’ team
- Work to create a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees
- Assist in monitoring employee productivity and provide suggestions for increased service or productivity
- Plan projects, including defining objectives, scope, specifications, methods, timetables, staffing, contract requirements and budget
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful facilities supervisory or management experience; preferably in a University setting
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of Building Services including daily maintenance, operations and strong technical knowledge of Mechanical equipment – Chillers, HVAC, Building Automated Systems, and Electrical work
- Proven track record in problem solving, developing strategic and innovative improvements
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of the University
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building; and working with Multi-trade operations and contractors
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Campus, Corporate, Schools, , Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for a single scope of work in hard services area. 3rd in command
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is less than an Ops 2;
- Manage one other manager; typically in account with smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.