Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 1
Facilities and Engineering careers are challenging! But you get results. Bring us your drive and dedication, and we'll provide the growth opportunities you've been searching for.
Sodexo Campus Facilities team is seeking a strong Facilities Operations Manager for our UNION Account at Concordia University in St Paul, MN. Our Facilities Operations Manager will oversee the day to day operations on campus for Facilities and Environmental Custodial Services by leading and developing a team of 10 employees. We are looking for a strong leader with union and education experience preferred.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Facility Director, our successful candidate will provide strong strategic level Facilities Operations leadership. Day to day responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring and developing the team, providing overall planning, establishing and maintaining effective customer and client rapport, and providing direction and guidance to the facilities team. IFM operations include: Maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Repair, Environmental Services.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have
- A proven track record of successful Integrated Facilities Management leadership with technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including short- and long-range planning, construction/renovation projects, preventative and corrective maintenance, custodial, energy management, grounds and landscaping,
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- Strong People Skills and Professional communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence employee engagement and training, demonstrate excellent customer service skills with a “can do” attitude
- Experience with CMMS or work order systems
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
#campus #maintenance #facilities #diversity #dei #veteran
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for a single scope of work in hard services area. 3rd in command
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present. In Univ. same as above as well as size and scope is less than an Ops 2;
- Manage one other manager; typically in account with smaller volume and FTE count; Manage by walking around; Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- Technical client interface
- Payroll and time mgmt. of frontline staff
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages financials
- Responsible for client relations/engagement
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.