Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager II for an Oil & Gas client in San Ramon, CA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements, and communicates them to employees
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work
- Review all assigned documentation for entry errors and initiate the correction process immediately to ensure all corrections are made in compliance with SOP
- Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations
- Oversee and execute preventative and reactive work on critical HVAC equipment.
- Provide support and guidance to the Facilities Team in their daily operations
- Knowledge and understanding of Fire Life Safety Codes
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the facilities team.
- Reports all accidents and injuries promptly.
- Knowledge in Sourcing and Contract Management and SOW evaluation
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Performs all work per established safety procedures.
- Ability to understand and provide guidance on Critical Systems
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader in Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which delivers tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge, and tremendous growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.