Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
You are a strategic, innovative Facilities Operations Manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo Corporate Services Division is seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager to support a location for one of our global partners.This location is located in Shippensburg, PA.and this position has full oversight to a fast-paced team of about 5 maintenance technicians.
- Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and reliability of client’s facilities and general infrastructure systems.
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of maintenance work internally or by subcontractors
- Supervises skilled administrative services and technical/support staff. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary
- Monitors the safety and accessibility of the client facilities. Serves as the point of contact for the department for code (e.g. ADA, Fire Life Safety) compliance issues, accessibility improvement projects, and/or other code related issues
- Updates and maintains list of in-scope facilities equipment, including life-cycle and replacement costs
- Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily
- As part of the department’s Emergency Management (Incident Command System) essential personnel requires after hour and 24/7 on-call for response as needed
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP
- Excellent planning/organizing skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable presenting information to large groups
- The ability to effectively prioritize work with competing priorities
- processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to successfully achieve positive results
- Proven safety record that has creative ways to enhance and improve the safety culture
- Ensure proper data management and accurate client invoicing
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is generally performed in both an office, manufacturing plant floor spaces, and outdoor environments, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required
- Incumbents may be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Incumbent may be exposed to extreme temperatures, close quarter situations, high and precarious places, moving mechanical parts, and vibrations
- Applicant must be able to operate motor vehicles
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.