Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference. Sodexo is seeking our Facilities Engineering and Operations Manager for The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in the beautiful and scenic city of Louisville, KY.
Reporting to the Facilities Director, you will be responsible for leading fully integrated facilities services including skilled building and exceptional grounds maintenance. Our successful Leader will have well rounded experience in the mechanical skills, especially electrical and power. Background in project management, integrating buildings constructed anywhere from 1900-present day is a plus. Operational excellence, constant innovation and motivating the cohesive team to organize the work are critical to success in this role.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary has 100 acres of award winning grounds designed by the Olmstead brothers for our faith based students, the Ministry Leaders of the next generation. Click here to learn more about the Seminary: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Engineering and Operations Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage hands on in a faith based Seminary
- Work to create a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees
- Assist in monitoring employee productivity and provide suggestions for increased service or productivity
- Ensure campus maintenance operations are maintained - manage by walking the property with your team
- Be responsible for orientation and training of employees and provide professional development of the facilities team
- Plan projects, defining objectives, scope, specifications, methods, timetables, staffing, contract requirements and budget
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills
- Proven track record in problem solving, developing strategic and innovative improvements
- Ability to successfully manage operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of the Seminary
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful facilities supervisory or management experience; preferably in a Campus setting
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of Building Services including daily maintenance, grounds operations and strong technical knowledge of Mechanical equipment – Chillers, HVAC, Building Automated Systems, Power and Electrical work
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development, team building; and working with multi-trade operations and contractors
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.