Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager 2 providing operations, maintenance, repairs and minor construction for Melrose Wakefield Hospital and Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Melrose, MA.
This Facilities Operations Manager 2 will oversee Life Safety Compliance for the health system, participate in permitting, ILSM, vendor management, and training. Participate as key member of facilities management team and client leadership. Highly customer interactive position. This position will maintain continuous survey readiness through compliance with regulations from a number of regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Will maintain regulatory readiness documentation, ensuring system is in compliance with regulatory standards and team is trained and ready for regulatory inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers
- Directs, manages and coordinates with the functional authority for planning, organization, control and integration to ensure completion of projects.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Hospital Senior Leadership.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with TJC, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the Health System is following all local, state, and federal codes and regulations
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare, technology, and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.