Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2 for Asbury Methodist Village located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This position oversees daily maintenance, preventative maintenance, material purchasing, daily work orders and manage a staff of 10-12 hourly maintenance workers.
Are You the One?
We are seeking candidates with proven success in achieving reductions in expense through innovative projects in facility management and renovations, with technical expertise in building services including plant operations, MEP and project management for re-engineering initiatives. You also may oversee contract labor for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire safety equipment, security systems and building hardware.
You will be professionally responsible for Facilities Management regarding the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water and monitoring systems for all health system buildings and services.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- plant operations and maintenance management experience in a healthcare environment;
- experience with the Join Commission, Environment of Care (EOC), OSHA and Life Safety requirements;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- excellent customer service and communication skills;
- staff development and team building experience;
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields preferred.
Learn more about Asbury Methodist Village
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.