Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
In 2006, Sodexo, Inc. joined forces with Magic Johnson Enterprises which resulted in a joint venture called SodexoMagic. By leveraging the power of business entrepreneur and NBA all-star, Earvin “Magic” Johnson’s brand with Sodexo’s extensive portfolio of quality-of-life offerings, SodexoMagic effectively provides flexible, innovative, and comprehensive service solutions that have a broad consumer appeal to the marketplace. This strategic alliance, 51% owned by Earvin “Magic“ Johnson and 49% owned by Sodexo, Inc., allows for an unrivaled partnership in providing creative dining and facilities management solutions.
At SodexoMagic, we sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality, safeguard wellness and create a just and more equitable future for all people. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated services via these segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Campus, and Airline Lounges. We are in search of our next “Magic Maker” at the following location:
Build a Better Future through Facilities/Engineering innovation.
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager for a consumer product client in Tamaqua, PA on Day Shift (7:00am start time). Some weekends and holidays may be necessary, depending on the business needs of the location.This role will provide support for this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Facilities teams in delivering safe, sanitary, and innovative services to our customers. Tamaqua, PA is 35 miles northwest of Allentown and this role will report directly into the Executive Director of Facilities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for client communication and field all client requests
- Leads or directs facilities maintenance operations at this site
- Delivery of strategic and operational objectives by reducing facility costs, improving productivity, revenue-generating capacity, and image of the entire organization
- CMMS oversight with Maximo
- Oversee third-party contractors and vendors
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years' management experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience with asset management in a manufacturing environment
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with budget experience
- Ability to promote good working relationships with the management team, frontline team members, and client teams
- Active participant who is self-motivated, and always demonstrates a positive & professional demeanor
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable presenting information to large groups at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Effectively prioritize work with competing priorities
- Manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations
- Demonstrate large operational improvements in production processes, facilities, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to successfully achieve positive results
- Ensure proper data management and accurate client invoicing
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP
To learn more about SodexoMagic and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself, click here.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and career growth opportunities. Sodexo is the North American leader in Quality of Life Services. More than 120,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.