Food & Nutrition Services General Manager
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Sodexo is seeking a Food & Nutrition Services General Manager for Good Samaritan Hospital located in San Jose, CA. Good Samaritan Hospital is a 404-bed facility and recognized leader in health care services. For nearly 50 years, Good Samaritan has been dedicated to the health and wellness of our community.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day food and nutrition services operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- cultivate and maintain client and customer relationships
- develop strategic plans
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have culinary production experience in a high-volume environment and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- are proficient in computer skills and have report management experience
- possess strong leadership skills and experience
- have a background as a Registered Dietitian, Dietetic Technician, Dietetic Assistant, Certified Dietary Manager or have a baccalaureate degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, Food Management and one year of experience in dietetic service of a licensed health facility
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.