Food Operations Manager 1
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking Chef Manager to join our team at St. John's Nursing Center and St. Joseph's Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes, FL. These facilities are part of Catholic Health Services North campus with ample recreational areas in a beautifully landscaped setting. St. John’s Nursing Center houses 181 beds and provides high-quality nursing care and rehabilitation services for the most complex cases. St. Joseph's Assisted Living offers Residents as much independence as possible, but also daily support for those personal needs that need a bit of extra assistance.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee food production;
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for residents: Catering, production, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- create interpersonal relationships with client and residents.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- prior food service management experience in a healthcare or senior living environment; knowledge of special diets a plus;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skill-set;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Learn more about St. Joseph's Assisted Living
Learn more about St. John's Nursing Center
Sodexo offers a full array of excellent benefits that start on your 1st Day! Benefits include: generous paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness program.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.