Food Operations Manager 1
Sodexo is seeking a Patient Food Service Manager at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. This strategic food service leader will direct and manage patient feeding operations at this 600+ bed teaching hospital. This food service manager will lead, mentor and develop a team of frontline staff and supervisors and will work closely with nurses and patients to ensure we are meeting and exceeding expectations.
The salary range is competitive and based on experience with a $3,000 sign-on bonus and a full benefits package that immediately. At Nebraska Medicine, this position will also receive perks such as free parking, daily meal stipend, and free gym access!
The successful candidate will:
- lead the daily operations of patient room service dining program
- manage, schedule and train frontline team and supervisors
- coordinate department safety and sanitation
- ensure operating standards meet and exceed benchmarks
- engage with employees and promote an inclusive culture
- rounding with patients and nurses to promote and improve patient satisfaction
We are looking for candidates who have:
- management experience in the food service industry
- experience leading a team in a kitchen environment and enforcing safety & sanitation protocols
- natural ability to lead and build teams and foster engagement
- a background as a Registered Dietitian (RD), Dietetic Technician, and/or Certified Dietary Manager is a plus, but not required
Learn more about Nebraska Medicine https://www.nebraskamed.com/
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.