Food Operations Manager 1
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 at St Louis University Hospital in St Louis, MO. This food service manager will supervise food retail locations throughout the medical campus. The Food Operations Manager will be a dynamic team player with a strong background in managing frontline staff and developing teams in any food services environment.
The successful candidate will:
- supervise all retail operations for the hospital
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline staff and supervisors
- interact with customers, hospital staff, and visitors to ensure customer satisfaction
- oversee cash handing processes and POS programming and maintenance
- manage vendor relationships and compliance
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place
- coordinate department safety and sanitation
We are looking for candidates who have:
- management experience in the food service industry (restaurants, catering, hospitality, hotels, etc.)
- previous experience working in a high volume environment
proficient computer skills, highly organized, and detail-focused
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.