Food Operations Manager 1
Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
*$2,500 Sign On Bonus*
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking a Food Operations Manager 1 for Asbury Bethany Village, an upscale continuing care retirement community located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. This position will mainly oversee dining room operations serving approximately 170 skilled care and assisted living residents. Will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 20-25 hourly employees. Typical shift will vary between the hours of 6:30am and 7:00pm (opening or closing), with every other weekend coverage.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily dining operations for skilled care and assisted living residents;
- will meet with new residents to discuss food preferences, do meal rounds;
- will assist in the kitchen ensuring safety and sanitation standards are met;
- deliver high quality food service;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has two or more years food service management experience ideally in a healthcare environment;
- has excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with seniors and managing people and the dining operation to make every day a better day for our clients and residents;
- has knowledge of GeriMenu; a CDM is a plus;
- has a knowledge of safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.